Friday, September 20, 2013

We all love a good Dove Commercial right?


Hey! Watch this! It's great. 

I am good. I am loved. I am enough.

Say it with me! Come on… quit rolling your eyes… it’s not embarrassing… it’s TRUTH. 
I AM GOOD!! I AM LOVED!! I AM ENOUGH!!

Sounds nice right? Cliché perhaps?

Well sister. All three things are true. About you. Me. The girl sitting in the cubicle across from you at the library. Your annoying household sister. Your even more annoying real sister. You are good, loved, and enough!! You always have been and you always will be. TRUTH! Let those things soak in for a second!

I’ll let you in on a personal secret… these three little nuggets were gifts to me from the Man Himself. I’ve struggled with knowing that I am good, loved, and enough for a really long time. Heck, I’m STILL struggling! It’s an ongoing, day in and day out sort of fight, but it is a good one. Wanna know why? Because Satan hates Truth. So the more you root yourself, your heart, your worth in those three nuggets (yes, I’ll share… but if those don’t do anything for ya or tug on your heart strings, ask the Lord to give you little gems of your own!) the more the Wretch, as Padre Pio likes to call him, wants to feed you lies that you aren’t beautiful or loved or worth fighting for.  Fight him back! Don’t let him win this game with his manipulation and lies!!

Take a look at the video again. When did we, beautiful daughters of the KING, start thinking that we weren’t beautiful? Or loved? Or good?? 

My favorite part is the little girl at the end. She knows that she is beautiful and she owns it! The smile on her face as she sees her own reflection… that’s Truth.

Let’s say those three truths again:
I am good! I am loved! I am enough!

What comes up when you’re saying them? What lies are you listening to? Write those down and take them to Him. Let Him tell you just how good you are. Let Him show you how beautiful He made you. Let Him tell you that He loves you. So much.

Who is He trying to tell you that you are? And who is the Wretch trying to tell you that you aren’t?

In His Heart,
Caty

No comments:

Post a Comment