Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Music's Instrumental Role

Music's Instrumental Role
  • I don't know about you, but I don't do well with silence. Music plays such an instrumental role in my life - pun intended :)
    Do you ever have that moment when you’re in the car with some friends and a song comes on that y’all just have to belt out? Whether it’s Matt Maher, One Direction, Lecrae, Backstreat Boys, or even the “Beibster,” I think we’ve all got at least one song that brings a smile to our face each time we hear it.
    Something that’s been on my mind lately is how powerful some of the lyrics I sing are, yet I absentmindedly sing the words. I’m not talking about the “bad songs” that “fill our minds with questionable messages.” I’m speaking to those songs that if we wholeheartedly meant what we were singing, it could truly start to transform us.
    “I’m trading my sorrows, I’m trading my shame. I’m laying them down for the joy of the Lord.” – Trading My Sorrows Darrell Evans
    “I will open up my heart and let the healer set me free. I’m happy to be in the truth and I will daily lift my hands. I will always sing of when your love came down. I could sing of your love forever.” – I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever Hillsong
    “Blessed be your name on the road marked with suffering. Though there’s pain in the offering, blessed be your name. Every blessing you pour out I’ll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say blessed the name of the Lord.” – Blessed By Your Name Matt Redman
    I encourage you, whether it’s at Mass, Tuesday night Praise and Worship, the FOP, or in your dorm room – when you sing – mean the words that you say. We’re not just singing “about” God, we’re singing to Him. Allow your song to be a prayer to the Healer who wants to set us free and give us joy. The above listed songs truly have been my prayer lately and it’s really uplifted me. My reason to sing is not based on my circumstances. Jesus gives me the reason.
    God Bless You,
    Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment