Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Charm School

Hello beautiful ladies!

As you may have noticed, we took a break from blogging to allow for our wonderful adventures over spring break! Now that we are back and getting into the swing of things, we will continue our Lenten challenges on Wednesday. As for now, there are some words of wisdom waiting for us on a blog I stumbled upon today that I think are very applicable to our lives! Here is the snippet that got me hooked, and will hopefully do the same for you!

"When I was younger I felt as if I was being pulled between the “Girl Power” mentality and the supposed “Make me a sandwich” mentality. I know that I hated it when my brothers teased me by saying that I should “Shut up, and know [my] role,” but I also seethed with contempt when some said to me “You go, girl!” while saucily snapping their fingers (clearly, I am a child of the nineties). None of those ideals seemed to work for me. None of these theories were enough. Being a woman had to be more than just being blindly submissive or just being intolerably proud. Both theories seemed either self-deprecating or selfish."


So check it out here!

To Jesus through Mary,
Clarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment