Monday, October 10, 2011

Discovering Our Gifts

The other day I stopped by the book store with the intention of buying one particular item.  But like usual I got a bit sidetracked and found a little prayer book that I just had to buy, A Catholic Woman's Book of Prayers, by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle.  This book has many meditations and prayers about the different vocations of women, challenges women face, the feminine genius and a variety of other topics related to women.  As I started reading through it, I was especially drawn to one prayer titled, "Help Me to Discover My Gifts, Lord" and thought it would be a great prayer to share with everyone as a reminder that we must always turn towards and pray to God so that He may grant us the graces we need in order to more fully live out our vocation as women.


Help Me to Discover My Gifts, Lord

Dear Lord, open my eyes to discover my gifts as a woman.
Open my heart to feel Your loving embrace of me as Your daughter,
affirming my dignity in Your eyes;
Open my arms wide so they will stretch outward to others,
loving and serving them with Your love, Lord
Help me to never lose sight of who I am and
who You created me to be.
Thank You for the glorious gift of being a woman!
Amen


May our eyes be ever fixed on God and our lives bring Him Glory.

God Bless,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment