Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 15: Skirt Challenge


Dear Ladies,
            Well, I’ve been wearing skirts/dresses since Ash Wednesday…which makes it exactly 2 weeks ago! It’s been a challenge, but I’ve also experienced a lot of good things about it. The first thing I love is how feminine I feel! My favorite skirts are pencil skirts because they really flatter my waist/body type and something about them just makes me feel special and important. I have to admit, it might have a lot to do with the fact that I’ve always liked watching business women walk down the street in heels and a pencil skirt.
             Something else I’ve discovered that I like is the effort. I have to put more effort into how I look in the morning. Yes, I can wear a jean skirt and a hoodie, but most of the time I feel inclined to dress up my outfit. The downside is that it takes more time, but the upside is that I feel better about myself. My self-esteem and self-image tend to be much higher when I’ve taken some extra time in the morning to get ready.

            The moral of the story? (er, blog post) Wearing skirts and dresses for Lent is going much better than I expected and I actually like it. I’m also in the process of reading “Dressing with Dignity” so hopefully next time I can talk more about that!
Love,                           
Bernadette                

No comments:

Post a Comment