Friday, September 28, 2012

Classy Modest

After enjoying a delicious shrimp dinner from King's Fish House, I was quite content with my first evening back in California.  Unfortunately that was quickly disturbed when a woman, who was rather tall, walked by me pushing a stroller wearing a black tank top and black booty shorts that generously exposed the bottom of her butt every time she stepped forward.  While this woman was in excellent shape, this should still be considered completely inappropriate attire to wear at any time outside of pajamas.  With that, I have decided to make this blog not only my journey toward an inner peace and beauty, but also an outward one.  I hate the phrase "Modest is hottest" because in my personal opinion.....it isn't.  Modesty makes people think of being prudish, wearing turtlenecks and jean skirts down to the floor.  This is not my definition of modesty. 
Sexy is defined as being concerned predominantly or excessively with sex.  It is synonyms with provocative and suggestive, and the word originally means "engrossed in sex."  Being dressed "sexy" will give most women the attention from men they seek, thinking this attention will fill the void they feel in their heart.  I see the appeal...what woman doesn't want to feel attractive and desired?  Our heart is satisfied with love, not with sex but we seem to think dressing ourselves "engrossed in sex" is going to give us love.  It doesn't make sense.  Modesty on the other hand is defined as: being FREE from vanity, egotism, boastfulness, or great pretensions; Having or showing regard for the decencies of behavior, speech, dress.  I have read through those definitions multiple times and there is nothing in there about being prudish.  What I read is something along the lines of being classy (defined as elegant and stylish).  No, modesty is not sexy, but if any man is asked to describe me, do I want him to say elegant or suggestive?  I want to be respectable and classy.

I love fashion, I love being a woman, and this is how I respect my body and my femininity.  I strive to be classy modest -- elegant and stylish while being free of vanity and exercising decency in behavior, speech, and dress.
Respect your body.  Respect your dignity.  Be a woman of grace, poise, and elegance.




-Cayce

No comments:

Post a Comment